Sunday, May 27, 2007

Soroca

Last weekend my friend Sharon and I took a small day trip to the town of Soroca. This is where lives a big population of gypsies, who own huge, beautiful houses.

The castle!!




This sign is funny because the middle sign is outlawing the eating of sunflower seeds in the castle. If I haven't mentioned, Moldovans love sunflower seeds and eat them all the time. I have also jumped on that boat and always have a pocket full.

Me and Sharon.



An orthodox church in the background.


The castle.



The border crossing. I tried to talk Sharon into taking a quick trip over into Ukraine but she said no. And it makes sense since we had no passports and Peace Corps would get mad.


Graffiti.


Sharon.


Moldova is on the left and Ukraine is on the right seperated by the Nistru river.



No comments: