Saturday, June 14, 2008

Easter (year 2)

Food, food, and more food!!!
Jason helped collect the goats from the fields at the end of the day.

Playing volleyball between stuffing our faces.


In the beci (pronounced baytch, like the cuss word but means cellar) drinking house wine.

Once again we celebrated easter Moldovan style. Only this time Jason was in the country to celebrate it and we spent the weekend at my new counterpart's grandma's house. (Side note: I have left my counterpart and NGO in the village since all she wanted me to do was teach english and wouldn't involve me in any of the stuff I was sent there to do. My new counterpart is super cool and only 20!) So we spent the weekend there eating way too much food, drinking way too much wine (vodka for Jason), and having tons of fun. I brought my frisbee along and taught them all how to play frisbee. It was a nice break to work all that food off. Here are some of the pictures. There was lots of family there and they were all really excited to meet the Americans and were all very impressed I speak the language. (I heard a few days later from one of my site mates that she heard from someone at work that heard from someone else that their friend had 2 Americans over to their house for easter!)

1 comment:

Kristin said...

Jen, I miss you! Come home soon!