Thursday, October 02, 2008

Preparing to COS

Another acronym?! Ahhh, what's with these PCVs and their acronyms??? COS stands for Close Of Serivce. That means, done, all over, finished, coming home!!! I now have 2 days left of my service here in Moldova! Doesn't it feel like only yesterday you were saying goodbye to me? Well, maybe not yesterday, I definitely feel like I have been gone along time. Friends have gotten married, kids have been born, people have moved, things have changed. The world went on without me. What's it going to be like when I return, changed from my experience, to friends and family that have done so much in the past 2 years that I haven't been able to be a part of? Will life pick up from where I left it? What will I do? Where will I live?



As I am writing up all my reports, getting documents signed, getting medically cleared (it is as much work to leave PC as it is to enter) I am starting to wonder what the next step of my life will hold. I feel so lucky that I am at a point in my life where I am completely free to do WHATEVER I want. Literally, I can live where I want, work where I want, do what I want. How many times do we reach a time where we are not tied down to anything? I am so excited to come home and see what will happen next!!! See you all soon! December 17 11:30pm I will be in Seattle!

No comments: