Thursday, October 02, 2008

Vacation (part 2)

Alright, so the rest of my vacation was spent in Belgrade, Serbia; Montenegro; Croatia; Bosnia; and Italy. The whole thing was 3 weeks of amazingness. I traveled the first two alone and the last week with my mom and grandma. In these three weeks I hiked up mountains, jumped off cliffs into turquoise water, floated in the sea, ate delicious sea food, watch Croatia celebrate in the streets after a soccer win, and saw the Colosseum in Italy. It was a much needed trip out of eastern Europe. A funny thing I noticed is that when I would sign to my grandma I would be speaking Romanian, not english. When I would sign "yes" I would be saying "da" to myself. i can only assume this happened because both are stored in the foreign language section of my brain. It is like me confusing Russian with Romanian now when I speak with Moldovans, but this could be due to the fact that they interchange the two also.


Kotor, Montenegro
Budva, Montenegro Croatians celebrating after winning a football game.
Dubrovnik, Croatia
Dubrovnik
Dubrovnik
Mostar, Bosnia and Hercegovina

Outside of Mostar

Outside of Mostar. Tour group.
Sarejevo, BiH

Sarejevo

Rome

Grandma playing in the fountain.

Inside the colleseum.

1 comment:

Kristin said...

Jen! I'm glad you're getting to vacation. Can't wait to see you when you get home!