Friday, November 03, 2006

Halloween

I don't have much to say about this but I wanted to share some pictures. Americans love Halloween, for many of us it is our favorite holiday. Why? Because it is the one day we can dress up all crazy and be thought of as normal and we get to eat lots of sugar. Those of us here in Moldova didn't prepare for Halloween when we were packing our bags back in September, those extra sweaters and long johns beat out the costumes. It was a tough decision whether or not to bring the fish costume but in the end I would rather be warmer(I know, I know, I obviously don't have my priorities straight but oh well there is no going back in time). So in the end we all had to be very creative with what we had. I decided to just be a Greek goddess, it is very easy to just wrap a white sheet around you and put some leaves in your hair. Unfortunately, I hate to say this, but there were people much more creative than me. We had a walnut tree, a well, the current, the statue of liberty, Laura Bush, and much more. We made Halloween the best we could but it was tough without candy corn and "fun size" candy bars (who decided to name them fun size anyways? I don't think they are fun, it's more like a tease size).





1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Those are absolutely great! I think your costume was really good. You all have great imaginations! Keep posting the pictures...it almost makes me feel like you are right around the corner. Love you and miss you lots! I'll keep the packages coming....more peanut butter on the way :)

Love, Mom