Monday, January 29, 2007

So...

I am still alive. I know I haven't posted in a while, but nothing too interesting has happened lately. I had a week of training in Chisinau and otherwise have just been working. Chisinau was a good time though tiring. We stayed up too late every night hanging out and had full days of language and technical classes everyday. I have changed host families because things didn't work out with the family I was living with. I am now living in the nearby city Balti. I am living with who was my host aunt but I guess now she is my host mom. I commute to the village to work, though it is only a 15 min bus ride. I am now living in a very nice apartment, not necessarily what you would imagine Peace Corps to be. As I have mentioned she has a 7 month old who is the most adorable thing ever(except for little James, Erica). I get to play with him everyday and it is so fun to watch him grow and learn new things, like how to bang the spoon on the table, he is laughing a real laugh now, and he is starting to crawl all over the place.
To take up some of my idle time I watched the second season of Lost. Amazing! This show is like a drug. I burned it onto disk from a friends computer and brought it to work with me and all I did for three days at work was watch Lost. I NEED to watch season 3 now. Next I plan on watching season five of 24, another show that will paralyze me from doing anything for a few days.
My Odyssey of the Mind group is getting ready for the competition on the 11th. They are currently making the sets and costumes now. At our next meeting we will start working trying to get the skit into an 8 minute time frame. I really want to win, I really want to go to the competition in Germany this spring. A little selfish, I know, but it would be super cool.
So, yeah, other than that nothing super cool going on right now. I have really gotten into the groove of Moldova now and am feeling quite content here. I haven't thought about quitting and coming home in at least two weeks, I think that is a good sign. I have made some good friends now which helps fight loneliness and homesickness. I have been running alot. I have decided I am going to run a marathon with my friend Michelle next November in Athens. So if anyone feels like travelling to that area around that time, I would love to have some cheerleaders.
Hope all is well with everyone. Hopefully my next post will be more interesting and action packed. Though, for anyone who likes to read, I just finished reading Eragon. It was an awesome book that I recommend to everyone! I also just watched Beerfest which was a really funny movie if you like stupid comedies. La revedere.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Germ!
I am glad to hear you are enjoying yourself! Just wanted to say Hi. =o) Take Care!!

T
P.S. i am getting married!! will let you know when we set a date. =o)

Anonymous said...

Hi Sweetie, glad that you are finally getting settled in and starting to feel less homesick! Hope you got my text msg via Expediaza, have got a TON of movies (+20!!) burned for you w/many more to do. Have prewatched all from start to end, to make sure they work properly (sorry about LoTR,hon). Bulbs I planted last fall, early bloomers are starting to poke thru. Yay! Will send u pics when they are all blooming. Love always,