Tuesday, December 12, 2006

My Life

I know I haven’t written in a while, you may think I have been really busy. But no. I just simply haven’t been using the internet much except to check email. I am doing awesome though. I love it here, my mood has been much better since Thanksgiving. I don’t think as much about coming home though I do have quite a few dreams of being home or having people here visiting me. So, you are probably all curious what I am doing over here. Well the short answer is nothing. I work about 2-3 hours in the afternoon and just chill the other 22 hours of the day. My average day, I wake up between 8 and 9am but don’t get out of bed until 9:30. Every other day I run for a half an hour and than stretch and work out for another 20 minutes. I eat breakfast around 10 or 11 then chill out until 2 or so when I go to work. I work until around 5 or so, not later because it gets dark and my counterpart doesn’t want me to walk alone in the dark, which is tough to do without street lights. When I get home I watch TV, read, knit, or all of the above. I eat dinner between 6 and 9, later on the weekends, and then keep busy until 11 when I go to bed. I have gone though a few books already and I am a little over a third of the way done with the sweater I am knitting. I won’t really start doing much until my language gets better. Right now I am just working on language and building relationships within the community, trying to get invited to a masa or two (a masa is a big meal). But I love living in the village. It is bigger than I originally thought, I went on a big hike around it this morning to explore. I was told there is a forest and lakes but I found neither. It is so fun walking around though, you say hi to everyone and all the dogs bark at you. I am becoming a normal face now and some people are stopping to actually talk with me. Geese, chickens, turkeys, dugs, and dogs run all over the place usually running from me, every once in a while a dog or a goose comes after me. Everyday is interesting and I love it here!!!

No comments: